Tuesday, June 13, 2006

making up for lost time

A day... right.

The last week that Mom was here, my Aunt Nora came also. I took a day off of work to take them to Salamanca, and we got together for dinner every night they were here. We also spent a ton of time over at Isaac's house with his family... they are so sweet and giving!

Mom and Aunt Nora left early on Friday morning, April 28, and I left later that afternoon for a car trip with Isaac and some other friends from church. We headed up to a small town in Galicia (northwestern Spain) where we visited some friends of ours. We had a great time, just relaxing and catching up with them (and hanging out with their 2-yr-old twin girls!), and came back on Tues evening (since Mon and Tues were holidays).

The following week was also short, because then we left on Friday afternoon to go down south for Isaac's cousin's wedding on Saturday. Pics are up on my dotPhoto page. We had a lot of fun at the wedding and seeing his family again, and it was also my birthday... it was nice to have something different to do.

Monday the 15th was also a holiday (the last one while I'm still here, in fact), but we decided to just stay at home and chill instead of trying to take another trip.

Things here at the house and at school have been fairly calm and uneventful. We had Cultural Week at school, which was honestly more of a headache than anything, between trying to teach the kids skits in English, and changing schedules all week and such, but at least it was something different.

Then we hit the month of June, and things got even more crazy/calm... if it's possible to have both at the same time. School now ends for me at 1:30 every day -- it gets so hot here, and the schools don't have AC, so the months of Sept and June they have a shorter school day! It's kinda nice, but it's also kinda a race against the clock to finish the work in class periods that are suddenly much shorter.

It has given me a bit more freedom in the afternoons though. One day I went up to have lunch with Isaac at work, tomorrow I'm planning to give my class here at the house a little earlier than usual so he and I can go to the gym together afterwards, and I also want to have lunch with some friends one day this week. On days when I do come straight home, it gives me time to relax (and sometimes even nap!) before starting class at home.

Other than that, I'm down to the last countdown. 3 weeks and a day or so until I'm home. I'm super excited, but obviously there is a part of me that is hesitant also... and it's not only the part that realizes my boyfriend and I will be a bajillion miles apart! This year has been great, and I feel like it's not fair that I have to end another "chapter" of my life already... I mean, I feel like I just said goodbye to Furman!

But hey... I'm planning on being at UNC Charlotte next year for a Master's, which should be fun. And besides, God is in control and will work things out for His glory. Speaking of which...

Soli Deo Gloria...

No comments: