Sunday, January 04, 2004

Pre-Chile

Wow... so I entirely forgot to update this the WHOLE time I was in the States until now... and now I'm about ready to leave again. Sorry 'bout that.

I had a GREAT holiday season. My grandmother and several cousins came in town, and between catching up with them, catching up with my immediate family, catching up with some close friends... I spent a lot of time "catching up" and it was all delightful!

Now I'm ready to leave the country again. Am I really ready, you ask? To speak spanish again, most definitely. There's a thrill about speaking and understanding what used to sound like mindless jabber that just can't be explained. To be away from home for 7 weeks? The suitcases are mostly packed, but I won't know until I'm back home at the end of the trip if I actually managed to pack everything I needed. To tackle a new city and culture? I think so. Having done so and survived once already, I feel like I can take on the world now!

Chances are, if you're reading this, you recieved my pre-leaving mass email -- if you didn't, I promise it wasn't intentional, so shoot me an email and let me know and I'll be sure you're added for the next one.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Soli Deo Gloria...

No comments: