Sunday, September 18, 2005

pre-Spain (x2)

Ok... so a lot has happened since last time I wrote. Figured that since I'm getting ready to send this link to everyone I know, maybe the most recent post shouldn't be from March.

Besides, when I last wrote, what I'm getting ready to do was not even a figment of my imagination.

I leave -- in less than 48 hours, mind you -- to be in Spain for almost a year. I will be teaching English part-time in a public elementary school, and part-time to the 3 young daughters of the lady I'll be living with. I will also be improving my Spanish, soaking in the Spanish culture as much as possible, living and sharing the joy of the Lord, hanging out with my dearly-loved friends that I met last time I was there, and having other adventures that I don't even know about yet.

Before I forget, I want to thank those of you who took time out of your busy schedules this summer -- and especially recently -- to have lunch or dinner/tapas with me, or (if you're Emily, Kevin, or Donna) to plan a party on my behalf.

Even if I didn't get to see you this summer, I would be thrilled if you would join me on this journey with your thoughts and prayers. I would also love to hear what's going on in your life -- just because you're not in a foreign country doesn't mean it's not interesting!

On a more "technical" note, run your mouse over the links at the bottom of this page 'cuz I snuck around the system and changed them, but can't change what they say :) You'll find my pics and my Spanish blog. You can also email me with the "contact" link to the right (but you have to put the @ in the space... otherwise I'd get crazy spam mail).

¡Hasta EspaƱa!

Soli Deo Gloria...

No comments: