Tuesday, October 14, 2003

of Cuenca and wet laundry

Hello, hello.
Time has passed rather quickly since last Tuesday, something that is happening a lot lately. I'm amazed that we are almost at the half-way point in our trip, and are past half-way in our classes (due to the traveling we do at the end).
Classes have been going fairly normally, although we do have a midterm in Art and Civilization this Thursday that has the whole class pretty much petrified. We've covered so much information it's ridiculous! And I love it until I have to remember it!
We went to see "Historia de una escalera" on Friday evening. It was a much better theater presentation than the last one we saw in that it was more modern, shorter, easier to understand, and had a better plot. That being said, I was still bummed that they planned a school thing on a Friday night... I mean, who does that?!?!
Saturday I went to Cuenca, a small art community that's less than 3 hours away by train. As there wasn't much interest among the group (and it wasn't a required trip), it just ended up being me and one other girl. I think I liked it better like that. We could take our time walking around, taking pics, visiting the Abstract Art Museum without a guide and making fun of the interesting stuff we found there, and get to know each other better. I had to wake up at 6:30 so we could catch the 8:50 train, so after returning at 10, catching the end of a birthday party at Planet Hollywood, and waiting on a bus that wasn´t running, I think I was asleep before hitting the pillow around 1:30.
Sunday was a delightful day spent at church and with my friends... doesn't get much better! Monday was normal, except that my "monitor" at the gym sure kicked my butt for over an hour and a half. Cardio, weights, 100 crunches... felt great! When I got home, I decided to handwash some clothes and hang them on the line... I didn't realize what a mistake that was until I woke up this morning at 7:30 to realize that it was raining and my shirts and socks weren't anywhere near dry. Such is life when you live in a country that thinks dryers are more of a pain than they're worth :)
Now, I have to go before I'm late to the most boring of theater classes. I think the key things you can pray for me for this week are that decisions about free travel fall smoothly into place (anyone want to come travel Europe with me for 2 weeks?!?!) and that I will come up with a project idea for my Chile trip before next Monday... it's hard to give that priority when I'm having such a great time here, but it needs to be done. Until next week,
Soli Deo Gloria...

No comments: