This hasn't been quite as bad/hard as I thought! Actually, I was doing really well and made it through the week without going to the store... until yesterday. There were some killer deals (free guacamole, yogurt, cleaner, almost-free cheese) that I just couldn't pass up. Not to mention the pizza deal... which wasn't that great, but since I had purchased 17 pizzas (on sale, of course) earlier toward the $15 rebate, and then someone had eaten one and thrown away the UPC, I just HAD to B2G1 free to finish it up. Argh. Looking back, I probably should've just bought 1 @ $5 and been done with it, but $5 for a frozen pizza just sounds like a lot, even as part of a rebate. $3.33 sounds so much better.
Anyway, I'm still trying to participate in the challenge... and while my grocery budget was "restocked" on Friday (pay day!), I technically didn't touch a penny of it as I had leftover $$ from the previous 2 weeks. And since one of the suggestions with the challenge was to do something "useful" with the leftover grocery money (donate/pay down debt), my hubs and I agreed to spend part of it to put towards a space heater for an underemployed family at our church that we knew needed one. And with the coupon for 15 ECBs that I got from doing a CVS online survey a few weeks back, it worked perfectly.
So, what DID we eat this week out of our stockpile-abundance?
- Barley & Lentil soup (with Split Peas instead of Lentils)
- Mexican Chicken Skillet with FlatOut wraps from the freezer instead of tortillas (I just discovered this recipe, but I think I'll call it Homemade Q'doba Burrito)
- 1/2 Costco Pepperoni Pizza (since it was fresh, it had to be eaten)
- Cranberry Oatmeal cookies (taken to a party Friday night, so that's not ALL we ate!)
- Frozen pizza (after buying 3 at the store, they didn't all fit so we had to eat one right away - plus, we usually eat pizza one weekend night anyway)
- Leftovers of #s 1 & 2 above
I've currently got a list of about 8 recipes that I know off-hand I can make without heading to the store again, though I'll probably swing by one more time in the next 2 days to grab some more free yogurt, bread (that I forgot yesterday), and $0.50 bag(s) of tortilla chips (with a coupon from today) since we're out and they'd go well with the leftover "naked burritos".
Hope your challenge is going as well (or better) than mine!
Soli Deo Gloria