Monday, January 18, 2010

Fridge/Freezer Findings Update

About 2 weeks ago, when I started the whole "Eat from the Pantry Challenge" I posted a preliminary list of what was in my fridge/freezer.  For my own sake more than for yours, I thought I'd post an update :)

Freezer findings:
  • 4 c. diced ham
  • London Broil (from a once-a-month cooking day a while back... may already be freezer burned, so I'll have to do it on a day with an easy back-up plan)
  • 6 burgers
  • 4 waffles
  • 1 pkg each salsa/guacamole
  • 2 servings stuffed salmon
  • 2 servings sole
  • 2 pouches pepperoni
  • 2 individual broccoli/cheese portions
  • 2 bags grn. beans
  • 1 bag broccoli
  • 1 bag/1 box corn
  • 1 bag mixed veggies w/ cheese sauce
  • 1 chicken & pasta steam meal
  • 1 bag seasoned rice
  • 2 servings salmon
  • various mini-loaf sweet breads
  • 1 lasagna
  • 3 2 lbs. ground beef
  • 3 2 x 2 chicken breasts
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 box coconut shrimp
  • various shredded cheeses
  • 14 rolls
  • 4 frozen pizzas
  • 16 oz bag blueberries
Fridge findings:
  • 1/2 pepperoni pizza (from Costco)
  • 2 1.5 tubs sour cream dips
  • 1 tub salmon spread
  • turkey gravy
  • Salad Finishers kit - Ceasar
  • 3 burger buns
  • 2 pancakes
  • celery sticks
  • carrot sticks
  • cucumber (unfortunately, this got soft before I was able to eat most of it and I had to pitch it!)
  • 21 tubes buttermilk biscuits
  • 3 Pillsbury pizza crusts
  • 3.5 x 8oz cream cheese
  • 2.5 x 16oz sour cream
  • 8 4 + 6 eggs (we ate 4, but a friend gave us 1/2 dozen fresh eggs from her chickens!)
  • leftover sweet potatoes
  • leftover mashed potatoes
  • leftover turkey
  • leftover stuffing
  • 2 pkgs guacamole
  • 1 serving Hamburger Helper
  • 1 serving cooked pasta 
  • Romaine lettuce
So... apparently I've done better working through the fridge than the freezer! I guess that's okay, since the fridge stuff is more "urgent" as it's likely to go bad faster.  The red items have been added since I started this... some from the store, others from my Mom's fridge when she moved out of state, and some of my own leftovers.  I still need to make a list of all the stuff in my pantry... ugh.
I guess what's important is that I am making progress, limited though it may be... and I'm saving grocery money too!  Thanks for truckin' along with me!

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: