Monday, January 25, 2010

Fridge/Freezer Findings Update 2

I'll spare you the REALLY long list, and I'm only going to post the changes since the last time I posted an update.  The good news is, it looks like more of a dent in my fridge than on the list!  It's nice to know exactly what I've got, but when I feel like I'm making progress and then only get to mark a few things off the list here, it's kinda sad :(

Freezer findings:

  • 4 c. diced ham
  • London Broil (from a once-a-month cooking day a while back... may already be freezer burned, so I'll have to do it on a day with an easy back-up plan)
  • 6 4 burgers
  • 1 pkg guacamole
  • 2 servings stuffed salmon
  • 2 pouches pepperoni
  • 2 individual broccoli/cheese portions
  • 2 bags grn. beans
  • 1 .5 bag broccoli
  • 1 bag/1 box corn
  • 1 bag mixed veggies w/ cheese sauce
  • 1 chicken & pasta steam meal
  • 1 bag seasoned rice
  • 2 servings salmon
  • various mini-loaf sweet breads
  • 1 lasagna
  • 2 lbs. ground beef
  • 2 x 2 chicken breasts
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 box coconut shrimp
  • various shredded cheeses
  • 14 rolls
  • 4 frozen pizzas
  • 16 oz bag blueberries
Fridge findings:
  • 1.5 tubs sour cream dips
  • turkey gravy
  • Salad Finishers kit - Ceasar
  • 3 1 burger buns
  • celery sticks
  • 1 tube buttermilk biscuits
  • 3 Pillsbury pizza crusts
  • 3 x 8oz cream cheese
  • 2 x 16oz sour cream
  • 4 + 6 egg
  • leftover mashed potatoes
  • leftover turkey
  • leftover stuffing
  • 2 pkgs guacamole
  • 1 serving Hamburger Helper
  • 1 serving cooked pasta 
  • Romaine lettuce 
Now, what's even more upsetting is the list of what all is hiding in my pantry!  Not wanting to scare anyone away, I'll simply post a link to the Google spreadsheet I just made.  Although we're 3/4 of the way through the official Eat From the Pantry Challenge, I finally took the plunge and actually made a list of what all is there.  As lame as it sounds that I actually had to take inventory of my pantry, maybe by periodically updating the spreadsheet, I can clear some things out and make way for new!  Anyway, for the not-faint-of-heart, I give you my Pantry Inventory.  Because I have some wonderful extra shelving in my Laundry Room, the "location" column indicates whether the item is in my P(antry) or L(aundry) R(oom), or whether there is some in each location.  Honestly, there are probably still a few things that escaped the list (cereals & lunch snacks definitely didn't make it on, but we rotate through those enough that I didn't think it was worth it, but I'm sure there's other stuff too).  Maybe I'll add to it in the future, but I just couldn't take any more today!  Not to mention that a friend from Spain had called and I wanted to chat with him for a bit before he and my hubby hung up.

Eating through my stockpile, Soli Deo Gloria...

No comments: