Sunday, January 24, 2010

EFTP/F Challenge Update - week 3

What did we eat this week, you ask?  Started off the week with dinner at Bible Study, provided unexpectedly by a single friend who "just felt like cooking" :)  Though it slowed down the fridge-clearing process, I certainly didn't complain about not having to cook!  The rest of the week we ate:
  • Leftover Pasta & Bean Soup
  • Cheeseburgers, White Cheddar & Bacon Mashed Potatoes
  • Salmon & Primavera Risotto
  • Ceasar Salad (with organic Romaine and a Salad Finishers kit I found in the fridge!)
  • Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup (variations: left the onions in the pan the whole time, frozen broccoli, pureed 1/2 so it still had some veggie chunks, no nutmeg b/c I forgot it) and bread
  • Fiber One pancakes and 4 scrambled eggs 
  • leftover Hamburger Helper for my hubby, and I ate at my babysitting job
  • leftover Broc. Chs. soup and leftover pasta w/ sauce
I'm still in for week 4!  Honestly, I haven't even had to get very creative yet.  I mean, I've made minor variations to recipes (like adding 1/4c skim milk to the half-and-half in this week's soup b/c I didn't have quite enough), but nothing too unusual.  So far, I've been able to use my stockpile to create recipes I already had, and that should last for at least another week since I still have at least 4 recipes with all the ingredients on hand.  I'll post an updated fridge/freezer list, with the NEW pantry list feature (finally got around to listing off what's there today) in the next few days.  Thanks for tagging along!

Soli Deo Gloria

    No comments: