Saturday, January 16, 2010

EFTP/F Challenge Update - week 2

This week worked out pretty well also.  I can at least see the shelves in my refrigerator again and there are some small gaps of free space in my freezer.  Pantry progress is slower, but at least there IS progress!
This week we ate:
  • leftover Mexican Chicken Skillet w/ guacamole, cheese, sour cream, salsa (and Tortilla Chips on the side)
  • Pasta & Beans w/ Bread
  • Stuffed Sole w/ leftover Mashed Sweet Potatoes
  • Hamburger Helper w/ Bread
  • Salmon Turnovers (using Smoked Salmon spread instead of the filling in the recipe) w/ leftover Mashed Potatoes mixed with leftover Hevlua Good White Cheddar Bacon Sour Cream Dip (a yummy experiment!)
  • leftover pancakes (2) & frozen waffles (4) w/ syrup, scrambled eggs (4) w/ cheese
Three of the above meals still have leftovers (one of the benefits of cooking for only 2), so we'll be working on those this coming week, interspersed with a few other recipes that I've got up my sleeve using on-hand ingredients.  I think I've still got about 7 ideas, most of which will produce their own leftovers, so we should be good to keep this up for at least another 2 weeks, barring any random occurrences.  I will be heading to the store in a bit to grab some milk, veggies and hopefully cheap lunchmeat, since we're almost out of that and it's almost exclusively what my hubby takes to work, but I'm expecting OOP expenses to be only about $5 -- yeah!

Some of the excess will be going to a special offering at church tomorrow for Haiti.  I also went through my household goods stockpile yesterday and pulled some items to donate to Turning Point via my church's upcoming women's brunch.  It feels good to be able to give when there's a need, and yet still be able to save!  May the Lord be glorified as I Eat From The Pantry!

Soli Deo Gloria...

    No comments: